Thursday, June 4, 2009

For John:

John will always hold a very special place in my heart. When my grandfather's health was failing several years ago, it became apparent that keeping the ranch in the family was not a possibility. Several enticing offers from developers threatened to see one of the most beautiful places on the planet destroyed. John will always be a hero in my eyes for preventing that from ever happening, and working with my dad to ensure that our family will always have our own little slice of heaven.

In the week that has past since this tragedy I have read multiple articles about John and Susan. I am impressed with the lives and accomplishments of these two individuals. May their well-lived lives continue to be an inspiration to others, and may the loved ones left behind find comfort and peace in knowing that they passed doing something they loved. I can't think of a more beautiful place to make the transition.

Stephanie Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment