Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear John and Jacqui-

You should know
- your love has inspired me to seek and find only the best partner for my life no matter how long the discovering process. This is because through you i see it is possible to forge a shared dream out of work and devotion and creativity and passion and never to let it go until it takes flight

- your life has encouraged me to be an individual no matter what and to fight for what i believe in with every fiber of my being,

- your courage has challenged me to take the even the great risks that beguile me from in the furthest flung corners of my imagination

because your example teaches me that- when risks are taken out of love and curiosity in a search for growth and connection- the greatest joys and most amazing rewards can fill both our lives and spirits

-- your quiet boundless generosity is a life giver, is what you together created and in a sense gave birth to, that what lives on from two people creating together goes far beyond the limited definition of progeny or offspring. From you I have learned that offspring is that which springs from us all and rushes out into the world. This boosts my faith that I, in choosing the same path of creating offspring in a nontraditional way, am not alone or lacking in any way- thank you !

--Your goodness and impact on so so many people without having to proclaim or label yourselves Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or any of the above validate me and my belief that without religion one can be incredibly soulful and spirited and inspired by the grace of life and beauty without a mold. That one can create a completely unique and fully realized path in life sans dogma or a guidebook or a prophet. That choosing to do so allows us to be accepting and respectful of all faiths without bias toward one or another. That doing so allows us to live wide open to the mystery of life and death and to welcome and tolerate all the ecstasy and agony that comes with it
Shayna Breslin (South Bend, IN)

No comments:

Post a Comment