Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mentor and Friend:

John, I contacted many of our shared acquaintances after I heard the tragic news on Friday two weeks ago. Three physician leaders responded individually, but with remarkably similar reactions when I shared the news by phone: disbelief which then shifted to concern for Jacqui. As of Tuesday evening each had reflected upon his times with you. Drs. Kishel, Rosenbloom and Kongstvedt have each weighed in with their memories of the profound impact you had upon them. John, you were so generous in “stretching” all of us who worked with you and for you: appropriate challenges and constructive criticism. . .

I knew you touched many, but I underestimated your influence and impact. These three physicians reference your special gifts: your generosity, encouragement, and caring. They clearly admired you.

John, I have always admired you and sought you out for advice and counsel. I am so gratified that your contemporaries Peter, Mark and Skip point out the remarkable influence you have had on their lives. There shall never be another like you;

Godspeed Dr. John.

swarren

No comments:

Post a Comment