Thursday, June 11, 2009

How hard can it be!

These were the words I remember from my first encounter with Dr. John Austin. “How hard can it be” was the mantra for Arcadian Health Plan. The health plan was a vision for this accomplished man and his team. But it was not just another business. This was a health plan… a health plan which, not only employed hundreds of people but cared for tens of thousands of members. To John, these employees and members were his extended family.

I was proud to be a part of the Arcadian family. To know and work with John was a privilege and an enjoyment. His smile, wink of eye, tilt of the head and tassel of the hair will never be forgotten. His tremendous career as a physician, a businessman and as a pilot was model for all to follow. John, for me, will be forever remembered as a friend, a mentor, a teacher and one who inspired others. He inspired me to be the best I could be in all aspects of life including business and aviation. I will miss our talks of flying, his stories of life, the ranch and the people he knew and loved.

As they say, behind every great man is a great woman. Well John made sure that Jacqui was by his side. I will keep Jacqui in my thoughts and prayers during these extreme heartfelt times.

I was blessed to know John, the man, the physician, the businessman and the pilot and it is hard… Hard to believe the world, the land and the skies are without John Austin.

John will forever squawk one-two-zero-zero.

Steve Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment